question

faraz avatar image
faraz asked

Apple requires to remove CallKit for mainland china which I think is party of the PlayFabParty.framework

So my game recently got reject on apple store because I can't have CallKit functionality active in China. However, when I check the frameworks in unity targets I can't see the CallKit.framework mentioned anywhere. I suspect that it's part of PlayFabParty.framework because its using Voice Chat is there an update to fix this problem on iOS?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

It is not a must to remove Callkit related code. Please reach to the Apple support for help. For example, you may find a workaround in this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51016603/disabling-callkit-from-china-store-best-approach/51319158#51319158

The workaround is whatever view controller that is using CallKit you simply make sure that it doesn't get initialized inside that view controller if the country is China. For example,

var callObserver: CXCallObserver?

override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()

if Locale.current.regionCode != "CN" ||
Locale.current.regionCode != "CHN" { // only init for countries that aren't China

callObserver = CXCallObserver()
    }
}
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

faraz avatar image faraz commented ·

Thanks for the reply rick. One more question: Is there are way to do this in unity itself?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ faraz commented ·

Sorry for the late reply. For this question, I suggest you reaching other support team for help, such as Unity or IOS.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.