question

Gunther avatar image
Gunther asked

Are the Duplicate Login Prevention Features Available?

I've found a few questions related to preventing duplicate logins but all the answers are years old and reference upcoming features.

This answer from 2016 says:

"it's possible to add a Cloud Script-based "is the player already logged in" check for until we support blocking second-screen sign-ins."

This more-recent answer from 2020 says:

"We do plan to provide a token-based login, to make this easier in future. We do not have a date for that, but it is in the backlog for prioritization as soon as the entity architecture update is completed."

I'd like to know if these features are currently available or is the best-practice to still use Cloud Script to write our own "current session" token and refresh it every 2 minutes or so while rejecting new logins until the "current session" expires?

Thank you!

apisAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is not supported and for now PlayFab login is still stateless. The workaround that Brendan has mentioned in 2016 is feasible. Please feel free to vote or join the discussion in this Feature Requests thread -- Prevent concurrent logins - Playfab Community.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gunther avatar image Gunther commented ·

Thank you for the prompt response. I'll vote accordingly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.