question

Paul McEwan avatar image
Paul McEwan asked

Why am I being charged £35 per month when the system shows I'm on a free plan?

For the past two months I've been charged £35 when the system tells me I'm on a free plan and my demo game I set up has zero activity. Whenever I go to billing, the systems shows an error.

How do I stop this from happening? The only way I can think of of preventing it is to talk to my bank to get the transactions blocked somehow.

I'm actually considering reporting this to trading standards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The Multiplayer Server hosting services, the Party and the Experiments are charged separately from the account plans. Please check the following documentations for more information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/pricing

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/analytics/experiments/pricing

Besides, do you mean the Billing Summary page of your Title can’t be displayed correctly and returned the error? Can you find the bill from your billing contact email? And could you please provide your TitleID for our reference?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul McEwan avatar image Paul McEwan commented ·

Hi @Sarah Zhang,

The email address the invoices are being sent to (paul.mcewan@btinternet.com) doesn't match my Microsoft account login.

I don't have a title ID as I deleted everything on my cynewulf_1@hotmail.com account, but the account listed on the invoice is A00004076 and the studio has the reference 783D6546D9585FC5.

When I try to log in to the playfab console using the btinternet address it doesn't recognise the email.

I think I may have used the Unity3D Playfab SDK to create this account actually.

This means I'm completely stuck. I can't see or log in to the thing I'm being charged for.

I just tried logging in using the btinternet account on the first link you provided, but it created a new profile instead.

If you have the ability to shut this thing down and close the account, then please do it. I don't want to be charged any more, and after this experience I'm sure I'll never use the service again.

Thanks,

Paul.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul McEwan avatar image Paul McEwan Paul McEwan commented ·

I found the account with the relevant billing information. It was a separate cynewulf_1@hotmail.com account not linked to my MS account but with the same email address. I still can't figure out how to see and shut down the VMs on that account though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul McEwan avatar image Paul McEwan commented ·

So I deleted the title, which I think is why I can't see the VM any more. Surely deleting the title should shut down the VM!? How can I shut it down now that the title is no longer there?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.