question

Akhir ShaBazz Regains avatar image
Akhir ShaBazz Regains asked

,How to use PlayFab for storing persistent Photon Rooms?

Hello! I've followed the Photon quickstart guide and have successfully linked PlayFab and Photon authentication. This allows me to login users with their PlayFab creditials and create/join Photon Rooms.

The problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to store persistent Photon rooms for my asynchronous mobile chess game. I've read in the Photon documentation and serveral forums that a web service is necessary to save and load persistent rooms.

Can PlayFab be used as that web service? If not, will you please lead me in the right direction. I'm very lost and this is the last step to having my game work. Thank you for your time!

photonShared Group Datawebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

If you are looking for a web service to save data, you can use PlayFab. You can save the data in a player with PlayerData, Entity files, you can also create an entity group and save the data in the Group’s entity Object/entity files. Or you can create your custom server and database to save the data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Akhir ShaBazz Regains avatar image Akhir ShaBazz Regains commented ·

Thank you very much for this answer!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Akhir ShaBazz Regains commented ·

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.