question

Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau asked

Ports mapping

Hello. My server after GSDK initialization (Start(), ..., readyForPlayers()) starts listen to a particular port (5001 in my case). But I think that I somehow should inform deployed machine about it. Now deployed server works but I cannot connect to it. Could you advise what to do?

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As this documentation - Deploy builds using Game Manager showed, you would need to set the port number under the [NETWORK] heading when you deploy the server. This is the way how you tell the agent which one port it should listen on. The port number and port network protocol should be the same as you configured in your project. For example, in our Unity Mirror GSDK sample, the port number is configured in UnityNetworkServer.cs. And it should be 7777, its protocol should be TCP.

We noticed you asked a new question here -- Why is my deployed build in Standby mode? Why not in Active? to ask the question about how to connect the clients to the server that hosted on PlayFab Multiplayer Servers. You can also check the answer under your new question for more information about how to assign a server instance and connect the client to it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.