question

Jason Crandall avatar image
Jason Crandall asked

Debugging with LocalMultiplayerAgent - Current State Initializing

I've been working for a while on getting my Unity and Mirror project server to run with the LocalMultiplayerAgent. I've followed the instructions on locally debugging game servers. My server file opens, and the Current State only ever displays "Initializing", then eventually terminating. What causes this to happen? I'm guessing I have a bug in my code somewhere but it is hard to pinpoint what it could be because I'm new to playfab.

unity3dmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason Crandall avatar image
Jason Crandall answered

While I don't know if it is the correct fix, or if it just worked for me, but I set the object that deals with initialization to be don't destroy on load. This seems to have been the issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Here is our Mirror sample - https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/tree/master/UnityMirror. You can test it with LocalMultiplayerAgent to see whether the configuration of LocalMultiplayerAgent is correct. If LocalMultiplayerAgent still can’t work. Would you please provide a detailed error message to us for further research?

1 comment
10 |1200

Jason Crandall avatar image Jason Crandall commented ·

Yes I had tested another unity project and gotten it to work, and tried this one and it also works.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.