question

Steve Lobdell avatar image
Steve Lobdell asked

Proper way to authenticate server with Playfab

I have a server app, that I'm launching into 3 different titles (developer/beta/production). They are the exact same build, and I use different values for titleID and Developer secret.

The servers won't start (no heartbeat), on beta and production, but they work fine in development. Before I start the server api I'm setting

PlayFabSettings.staticSettings.DeveloperSecretKey = xyz;

Is there something more I need to do to be authenticated? If not, is there some information that the Unity PlayFab Editor extension could have cached somewhere that would allow my app to run in development, but not the others?

I'm confused, and don't know how to debug this, the same app runs fine when I use the PlayFab local debugging toolset. Thanks

Steve

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Do you mean that you have 3 titles and each title has a server build which is exactly the same except TitleId and Developer Secret Key, but only one of them works properly? If so, before you upload the build to PlayFab, have you test each of it in the local device with our LocalMultiplayerAgent? Usually, if it works fine with LocalMultiplayerAgent, then you can use the same settings in MultiplayerSettings.json to build your server in PlayFab. If not, according to this document, you can debug the server build locally.

For different titles, you may change settings in the PlayFab Editor Extensions. Please make sure the Title ID is configured consistently.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Gilmore avatar image Paul Gilmore commented ·

I too recommend using the LocalMultiplayerAgent to test locally, especially for your 3-title dev/test/live scenario. I have recently reviewed other forum posts that talk about a similar issue.

It is also worth noting that you have full logging and debug control of your servers using LMA, and if you find any issues with TitleId and such, you can report those issues.

Tangentially: We've also recently made a new tool to help you generate MultiplayerSettings.json files for the LMA, more quickly with less errors. Please let us know if you find the tool helpful, or if you have any additional suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.