question

Romain Maurel avatar image
Romain Maurel asked

Matchmaking - How to get teams players ?

Hello PlayFab team!

I am using Multiplayer Game Servers and Matchmaking.

Since Matchmaking is not providing any information to the started game servers except the list of players to accept (something as simple as the Matchmaking queue name could be wonderful, but it is not currently done) I found a few workarounds to start my game servers in different game modes (Ranked, Unranked, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3) with the least amount of cheat possible.

I am now in the process of implementing player groups and using matchmaking as a group, and I need my game server to know if some players are to be matched in the same team because they queued together.

The only way I found is to call the GetMatch API from the server to get the MatchmakingPlayerWithTeamAssignment.

BUT, to call this API, my game server needs to provide the QueueName, which is unknown by the server due to current restrictions.

I do not understand how a game server that is unaware of which Matchmaking Queue started it, is supposed to call an API to get the match details that requires the Name of this Queue...

I am pretty sure I am missing something, could you please show me the way?

Thanks a lot!

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently, it is not supported to pass the matchmaking queue’s QueueName to the multiplayer server. Usually, we would have one matchmaking queue mapping one server build, in this case, you can write the queue name as a constant in your server build.

If you wish to have this feature of getting QueueName on multiplayer server, you can vote for this Feature Request thread: https://community.playfab.com/idea/35010/pass-queuename-from-matchmaking-into-gsdk.html. It will help us to prioritize this feature.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris Gkanatsios answered

Hey there, can you try this preview feature and let us know if it works for you? https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/blob/main/MatchmakeSample/matchMakingAndMps.md

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.