question

aleksandrkruchinin avatar image
aleksandrkruchinin asked

Time for response to PlayFab services

What is the average and maximum response time of services in PlayFab Multiplayer servers?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Usually it is less than 1000ms, and there is no specific time for PlayFab API calls. It is also determined by region and payload size. If VMs are in US, the response for common API calls should be faster. What's the scenario? May I know your concerns?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aleksandrkruchinin avatar image aleksandrkruchinin commented ·

Thank you. I am doing authorization on the server. And I was wondering what to expect

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang aleksandrkruchinin commented ·

Since you didn't ask other questions under current topic, we will close this question temporarily. If you have other technical questions, please feel free to create the questions for them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean the network latency between the server instance that hosted on PlayFab Multiplayer Servers and the clients? If so, for clarification, the specific latency would be affected by multiple factors, such as the network status and the distance between the VM and the client, etc. To achieve the accurate results, we would suggest you manually measure the latency from player to the server to rank Azure Regions when you request the server. And PlayFab provides the service and the tools to help with this task. Please check this documentation - Quality-of-service (QoS) beacons to measure player latency to Azure - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, specifically this section - Quality-of-service beacons to learn more about how to measure the player latency using our Qos beacons.

1 comment
10 |1200

aleksandrkruchinin avatar image aleksandrkruchinin commented ·

No, I mean if a request is made from the server to get the user profile after the user has connected. Request between server and infrastructure PlayFab

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.