question

Nihat avatar image
Nihat asked

How can I get a QueueName from a running multiplayer game server?

Hello,

I am currently developing a multiplayer game with multiple queues. I have different modes in my game and different queues for matchmaking (eg. 1vs1, 2vs2 etc.). My questions is how to get the queue name from a running multiplayer server for avoiding the choose same server for another mode or using this server's information in my server side cloud scripting.

As I have searched on the forum, general suggested solution is creating different builds for each queue. But it is not useful and cost high. Is there any alternative solution for this issue?

Best.

Custom Game ServersmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris Gkanatsios answered

Hey there, can you try this preview feature and let us know if it works for you? https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/blob/main/MatchmakeSample/matchMakingAndMps.md

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently, it is not supported by PlayFab. I recommend voting for this thread: https://community.playfab.com/idea/35010/pass-queuename-from-matchmaking-into-gsdk.html.

A possible workaround is to create a Rules that triggered by a certain event like "ticket_completed", to run a Cloud Script/Azure Function. The function will update a Player ReadOnly Data or Entity Object to cache the Queue Name or any other information you want. When Players are connected to the server instance, the server build can call APIs to confirm this.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.