question

GOOFEES INC. avatar image
GOOFEES INC. asked

【Question】Expiration date of consumable items.

Hello. I would like to set an expiration date for receiving consumable items, how can I implement this? Can I set custom data for the item, and use CloudScript to monitor the expiration date and destroy the item?

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

A consumable item can be both “By count” and “By time”, you can define the expiration time in Catalog item edit page. It is not supported to add an expiration time to an existing inventory item.

It is fine to destroy item by revoking it in Cloud Script, but there is no built-in monitoring feature and it is also not easy to implement because the common workaround will be costly.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GOOFEES INC. avatar image GOOFEES INC. commented ·

Thank you for your reply.

So, for example, how do I set the expiration date for receiving the gift function, which is common in smartphone games, in PlayFab?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ GOOFEES INC. commented ·

You can define the usage period in Catalog item configuration page.

Please note that this works like countdown and starts when this item is granted to the player. The remaining time of inventory item cannot be modified, and it only can be refreshed when granting the same item and time group is defined.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.