question

sevdanski avatar image
sevdanski asked

AuthenticateSessionTicketAsync - Name or service not known?

I'm currently developing a game and I have set it up so that the client authenticates through facebook, then attempts to connect to my own servers, who in tern validate the current session on playfab before continuing with usual login process.

This has worked fine for months, but recently I started getting random errors when my server tries to call the AuthenticateSessionTicketAsync() method. Yesterday it was so bad that I stopped trying. Today I tried and it worked first time, but everything since has been failing with an error mesage saying 'Name or service not known'.

I haven't been able to find anything firectly related to that error, but it seems incorrect because it works sometimes?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Usually, when something goes wrong with PlayFab, PlayFab will return a detailed error message, such as “InvalidSessionTicket”. You can find it in the API document.

But according to your error code, it would be more like a network issue to me. You may find some methods for troubleshooting in this thread-ConnectionError when calling RedeemMatchmakerTicket - Playfab Community.

By the way, can you reproduce the issue through Postman? Is there any other API has the same issue?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Can you figure out what is the different between the first successful call and the other failure calls? Could you please print the request of both successful and failure calls? May I know the code of AuthenticateSessionTicketAsync, the detail of error message and your title ID? Please remove any sensitive info.

10 |1200

sevdanski avatar image
sevdanski answered

@Gosen Gao

I've attached a screen shot of the debugger at the point where it is failing. I've expanded the locals and got it to log out some of the settings so that you can see that all the required data appears to be here - I believe I have removed anything sensitive, but if I have missed anything, please let me know.

The unity client before this point has logged into facebook via playfab, then it calls this server to run some auth before downloading all the initial data. I had not touched this server code in a long time, so I have no idea what would have changed. I think I streamlined some stuff on the client, but the fact that it is getting here means that it has logged successfully and this is just doing a check server side.

Betweens runs, nothing should have changed.

It is probably worth noting that when I was messing around with this issue, I create a new key and updated it on my server - since around that time, I haven't been able to get this code to work, and have actually just been skipping it for now. Could just be coincidence.

Please let me know if there is anythign else you need from me.

playfabissue.png (407.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.