question

Green Papaya avatar image
Green Papaya asked

What does concurrent cores mean?

Playing with configurations, I use a dasv4 which I think is 2 cores. I add 10 max servers. So it shows 2 * 10 for 20 concurrent cores. I do the same with 1 max server. It shows 1 * 2 for 2 concurrent cores.

Are we getting charged for the 20 concurrent core hours for the use of 1 virtual machine? So, its 1 core per server?

Little confused.

pic.png (131.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The concurrent cores just mean how many cores you are using. When you set up a new build, if the Servers per machine was set to 1, it means each VM will contain 1 server. Hence, to achieve the 10 max servers you set, we will start 10 VMs. That’s 20 cores.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Green Papaya avatar image Green Papaya commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Green Papaya commented ·

Unless each server instance has quite high load, there can be multiple instances running in a single VM, which is configured via “server per machine”. And in the common scenario, we also recommend running a stress test to estimate the number.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.