question

Jeffrey Chilberto avatar image
Jeffrey Chilberto asked

Receiving "PlatformApplication does not exist" when setting iOS Push Notifications

We are moving an iOS application from Sandbox to Production. Push Notifications were working as expected using a pem generated using the steps described in the PlayFab documentation. This had the sandbox push notifications.

With a new pem generated with push notifications (sandbox or production), we are receiving the following error when uploading the file: PlatformApplication does not exist.

Are there additional requirements when talking to the iOS push notification backend? I have read the documentation multiple times but I may be overlooking something.

Push Notifications
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Would you please follow this section for troubleshooting? Could you please regenerate the .pem file to see if the error still happens?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Chilberto avatar image Jeffrey Chilberto Gosen Gao commented ·

Hello @Gosen Gao - to answer your question directly. I have generated the .pem again and made sure it was from the correct Apple application.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Chilberto answered

If someone else runs into this issue. Don't be like me and instead, remove the registration before adding a new one. It is that simple.

You still have the issue though of how to handle existing player's registration. I am hoping that reissuing the registration will fix this but I have not been able to verify yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Chilberto answered

@Gosen Gao - In regards to he troubleshooting section, it says to ensure the same certificate is used to sign the application.

• This is not possible as the Apple UI to create the certificate does not allow you to select both the signing certificate and the push notifications certificate.
  • The certificate is created from the same apple application though and the certificate being used to sign was created from the same application as push notifications.
  • When the application was not in the apple store (development build), we created two certificates: 1 for the Unity Cloud build and 1 for PlayFab for push notifications. This worked. That is why I think there should be two certificates. Am I incorrect about this?

I was not able to find any documentation or reported issues around the error. Do you know what PlatformApplication they are referring to? Any idea if the error is from Apple or from PlayFab?

I am in the process of setting up the SDKGenerator.

• Does anyone know if the OverwriteOldARN parameter is set when using the Portal?
  • Is there a way to get a detail log from the Portal?

Any help is appreciated as we are so close; this is the last technical hurdle :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.