question

numankazanci avatar image
numankazanci asked

Matchmaking defining and matching different team size on the same queue

I'm trying to implement a matchmaking system where maximum team size of a queue can change with selected map. I can create a queue for each map and define a different team size but that way we won't be able to match players who are searching for random map.
So we want to be able to support these two features (random map search and different team size map) is there any way to achive this.

Title DatamultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

For example, if your game have the modes are 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5. The players each mode needs is 2,4,6,8,10. Then you can set a Queue like this for players who select Random Game.

This queue needs fewer and fewer players over time. Although it is not working randomly(the result is linear based on how many players are playing). But it could be a workaround. After the MatchMaking is done you can start corresponding game mode according to how many players are matched from the GetMatch result.

1.png (49.3 KiB)
2.png (42.9 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

numankazanci avatar image numankazanci commented ·

Thank you for your answer, this definitely lead me to the right direction.
Like you said when the match total rule expanded to match 8 or 6 players, I can include the 4v4 or 3v3 maps to the list of maps on the random selection.
Again thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.