question

helloza123 avatar image
helloza123 asked

Best way to handle player data with more than 50 keys?

Hello all, I've just started using Playfab and found that I can update player data at 10 keys maximum in one request. So, I tried using json string as 1 key for entire player data instead. I'm not sure is this the best practice to do it since I have no experience with Playfab before.

So I would like to have your opinion of how should I update all player data keys with more like 50-100 keys at one call since my game is very complex RPG game with multiple keys to follow.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you want to update all data in one request, it is better to categorize the data into less KVP. You can store more than 50 keys, but for single update API call, 10 items limit cannot be increased. Please note that it is also quite common to have a structured value for a single key. Deserializing value is not a tough task for the client.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.