question

rrrodneyyy avatar image
rrrodneyyy asked

Unity Playfab Error message: "you are using a TitleId to which you are not a member"

Hi. I have a Playfab account that I'm wanting to use with Unity. I have had this working before, but am currently making a new Unity game. When everything appears set up, I attempt to run the game, and the "Studio" and "title ID" change to "_OVERRIDE_" and "", respectively. It was set up properly but it drops out on attempt to play the game. It says "you are using a TitleId to which you are not a member. A title administrator can approve access for your account." I have also attempted to create an entirely new studio, same error. I have also attempted to create an entirely new Playfab account with different email, same error. I have also tried manually entering the TitleID and secret key manually, and the same thing happens.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Did you try to click the [_OVERRIDE_] then select the Studio in the drop-down list? In our test, after selecting the Studio and the Title in the drop-down list, we can run the game correctly. If you enter the TitleId manually, please ensure you enter the TitleId in uppercase so that the PlayFab Unity Extension will fill in the corresponding Studio, Title and Developer Secret Key automatically.

If you can’t find the Title you want in the Title drop-down list, or you select the [_OVERRIDE_] and enter the TitleId in uppercase, but its Studio and the Developer Secret Key didn’t be completed automatically. It should mean you are indeed not be added to the Title. You can check that if you logged in the correct PlayFab developer account. And you can also try to update the PlayFab Unity Extension to the latest version for troubleshooting.

Ps. The PlayFab Unity extension doesn’t support logging in your developer account via AAD. For example, if you login to your title’s [Game Manager] web page using AAD authentication, then logged this account in the PlayFab Unity Extension, they will be two different accounts, hence the titles will not be shared. You can navigate to your [My Studios and Titles] page, and click the gear icon of the corresponding title, then select the [Users and roles] option in the drop-down list to check all title members, including PlayFab accounts members and AAD accounts members.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.