question

Christian Söllner avatar image
Christian Söllner asked

Unity WSA override error

Hello guys,

just getting another error next to my old post in here, but this one is more important one.

Everytime I'm building for WSA in Unity I'm getting "override" errors in the console (see screenshot).

Don't know how to fix it for myself right now, I hope that you can provide a hotfix. We worked on an own cross-platform system, but saw your product on the market and decided to switch over to playfab because it got a lot of amazing function with it. I hope it will continue being as great as it is at the moment.

Kind Regards,

Chris

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, Chris - we're working hard to make sure we do exactly that. :)

The main issue with Windows Store Applications (WSA) as well as Universal Windows Platform (UWP), specific to Unity, is JSON-specific. Right now, the JSON library we're using has compatibility issues with those platforms in Unity. It sounds like you've encountered an additional issue, but to be completely transparent, we'll need to resolve the JSON issue first, since it's fairly fundamental. We've evaluated each of the major JSON libs, and have found that each have issues, as well. We have some work planned to work around this (basically, by making our own library), but that work is going to be post-GDC at this point, due to our current schedule.

If WSA or UWP are important to your title, I would recommend using our C# SDK instead. It isn't the Unity-integrated version, but it can work in conjunction with Unity, as any other C#-based SDK would.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christian Söllner avatar image
Christian Söllner answered

Thanks for the response.

When using the C# SDK in Unity3D there is showing up an error the whole time:

Because WSA is pretty important to us, it would be awesome if there would be a possibility to fix this one. Then i'm going to build in the native C# SDK.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

From looking at the error messages, it would appear that you're attempting to use the DLL from the SDK directly in a Mono project, which won't work as it wasn't built for Mono. You'll need to use the source code, which is also included, to build the library.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.