question

Rutuparn Dalvi avatar image
Rutuparn Dalvi asked

Unity Game Linkage to Web Server to track Player Achievements : Without using Steam

My question might be a bit too novice, so please bear with me. I am building a game and I want to link the Achievements to a website of my own. Based on what I know, that would require establishing a linkage between Unity Client and Web Server(which I pay for). Further, I will need to hook up the Server to my Web App. I want to do this in as effortless manner as possible. I will most likely have several leaderboards, achievement trackers.

What I don't want is to have Steam or any other distribution service in the stack. I am not very knowledgeable in this regard, so could you direct me as to what I should do and how I should go about. To put it simply, I want the player to download the Unity game from my website, play it with internet connection and have their achievements directly sent to the Web server (which I will use for my website).

Thanks

Player Dataunity3dgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hosting a web server for achievement should be feasible, however, with Cloud Script/Azure Function (CSAF), and Rules, PlayFab is able to handle the achievement and rewards feature.

You may store the achievement progress in Player Read-Only Data. Because the counter for achievement progressively increases, you may let client generate custom PlayStream Event based on the Player’s behavior. Certain Rules will be triggered to execute the CSAF, where data will be verified, and the function will update achievement state in player Read-Only Data. You will also need to implement a “Claim” CSAF so that player can get the rewards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.