question

Riccardo Iengo avatar image
Riccardo Iengo asked

API Call User/Minute

Hi!

My game is an async multiplayer and I need to do some API calls. For example on race begin I need to download three ghost replay around the player, ghosts appearance (skins and paints) and their relative scores. What is the best way to implement this? A cloud script function or more API Calls? I don't want to tilt the server when the game will be published.

Also, what could be the ideal number of API call a user can make per minutes? I checked the limits but it's my first time with this, it's not so clear to me!

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> For example on race begin I need to download three ghost replay around the player, ghosts appearance (skins and paints) and their relative scores. What is the best way to implement this?

According to your previous question and the current question, you would like to upload all players‘ game records to the cloud, then loaded the appropriate ghost players when a player starts the game, is it right? If so, to clarify, we don’t support such asynchronous matchmaking that one-side doesn’t submit the matchmaking request. For this case, it would be difficult for you to find the players that suitable for the current match. And since multiple players may request one player’s entity file at the same time, it may cause the conflict error. The possible workaround to implement your requirement is to store all ghost data to the external storage, then use your custom query method to query the suitable ghost players and return them to the clients.

>> Also, what could be the ideal number of API call a user can make per minutes?

There is a general limit of Client APIs. The maximum rates of Client API calls made from one IP address should not exceed 100 times per 120 seconds. If you exceed this limit, your title may encounter an error and be throttled. Please check this thread for more information. Besides, you can navigate to your title’s [Game Manger]->[Title settings]->[Limits]( https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/c/[TitleId]/limits) to check other specific limits for your title.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Riccardo Iengo avatar image Riccardo Iengo commented ·

What you mean by "external storage"? I saw other games powered by PlayFab that are async multiplayer

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.