question

Andy Cook avatar image
Andy Cook asked

Can you manually increment or set a players LTV

My game currently accepts payments through the Facebook Instant Games IAP platform. However, this IAP method isn't support in PlayFab.

Is there a way I could manually update the LTV of a player with a Cloud Script? I was hoping to make my own function that would validate a receipt, reward the player, and report the revenue.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, we don't support reporting the external revenue to PlayFab as the built-in title Transaction Revenue. But you can add the customize data to PlayFab Insights. To add the external data to the data analysis, you can write the custom events for them, then query the statistic result you want, such as the LTV in the Data explorer.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean you want to make the external REST API calls on CloudScript to validate the receipts and update other external data? If so, the answer is yes. You can manually make the external REST API calls using the http.request method of PlayFab CloudScript. Please check this documentation -- Making Webhook calls from CloudScript for more information on sending external Http requests on CloudScript. And please note there are some limitations of PlayFab CloudScript, you can navigate to your Title’s [Game Manger]->[Title Settings]->[Limits](https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/c/[YourTitle]/limits) page to check them.

Besides, if you need to install third-party SDK for the Cloud Script or need richer web frameworks, you can consider hosting your logic on Cloud Script using Azure Functions that support multiple program languages such as C#, JavaScript, etc. You can check the PlayFab documentation to learn about the integration of Azure Functions and PlayFab, and check the Azure Functions documentation for more information on the usage of Azure Functions.

1 comment
10 |1200

Andy Cook avatar image Andy Cook commented ·

No, I am not too concerned about the Cloud Script of Azure Function part. I am more concerned about being able to track revenue from Facebook Instant Games. Since play doesn't support the Facebook Instant Games IAP flow yet, I want to just report the revenue earned directly to PlayFab so that LTV gets populated for players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.