question

omar41 avatar image
omar41 asked

Validating room with external application

Hello,

I recently need to validate the created room name exists on Photon or not via external application. So, what I found so far is, using webhooks but unfortunately it's not like what I need. I just need an external url to validate room with id or get every created rooms in last 5 minutes or etc. Is it possible to do ? Why I need is; I have to validate room is exist and validate the results via backend application.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

photonwebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Do you mean you want to implement an external application to check the status of a specific room on Photon? If so, I suggest you to use an external Database to store the status of rooms created on Photon. As you can see, there are some handlers that prepared for Photon Webhooks in the CloudScripts. They will be triggered automatically when a Photon room is first created or a Photon room closes, etc. You can modify the context of these handlers to store or modify the status of rooms in the Database. Once you want to obtain the status of a specific room, you can query it with standard SQL in the Database.

Also, I have found the section “Custom Room Listing” in https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/lobby-and-matchmaking/matchmaking-and-lobby, This method will return part of rooms that fit the conditions, I don't know if that will meet your needs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.