question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

How can I create a table for my PlayFab events in Azure Data Explorer Database?

I want to have the same table in Azure Data Explorer Database than in PlayFab Data Explorer (advanced) but I don't know how to create the table.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/ingest-data-event-grid

In this tutorial, the table is completely different than the PlayFab Data Explorer (advanced) table.

My Azure Data Explorer Database table:

PlayFab Data Explorer (advanced) table:

How can I create the same table in Azure Data Explorer Database?

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The create script of the table in that tutorial is different to PlayFab events.all table.

You could find the create script of the events.all by right clicking the events.all table and choose “Create table script in new tab”. Then you could get the script similar to:

.create table ['events.all'] (SchemaVersion: string, FullName_Namespace: string, FullName_Name: string, Entity_Id: string, Entity_Type: string, EntityLineage_title: string, EventData: dynamic, EventId: string, Timestamp: datetime, EntityLineage_title_player_account: string, EntityLineage_master_player_account: string, EntityLineage_namespace: string, ExperimentVariants: dynamic, Originator_Id: string, Originator_Type: string)

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

I have created a new table in Azure Data Explorer Database but something is not working with my events.

In PlayFab Data Explorer (advanced) the columns look like this:

But in Azure Data Explorer Database the columns for the same 3 events look like this:

Why does Azure Data Explorer Database not displaying everything in the columns? Only 2 columns have entries in Azure Data Explorer Database but in PlayFab Data Explorer (advanced) many more columns have entries.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser Kim Strasser commented ·

I have created my table in Azure Data Explorer Database like this:

Is something wrong with this code or why does Azure Data Explorer Database not displaying everything in the columns?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Kim Strasser commented ·

What is the source of the ingestion? Did you use the files exported via Event Export and ingest to your table?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser Kim Strasser commented ·

It works now. I changed my table ingestion json mapping and I use the required data from EventData to fill the empty columns.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.