question

Riccardo Iengo avatar image
Riccardo Iengo asked

Binary serialization for ghost replay!

Hi!

I'm trying to send a ghost structure over to PlayFab. I serialized the struct into JSON but the file is way too heavy and I don't think it's the right solution.

Would binary serialization be a possible solution? Is it possible to store binary data in Playfab? How?

Thankssss

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask what is the estimated size of ghost replay file? Usually, it is fine to store it in Entity Files. You may also define a retention time to make sure the total storage size is under control (delete legacy files via scheduled tasks).

1 Like 1 ·
Riccardo Iengo avatar image Riccardo Iengo Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will be honest, no idea. What could be the ideal size of a ghost replay file? How much is too much?

0 Likes 0 ·
Riccardo Iengo avatar image Riccardo Iengo Seth Du ♦ commented ·

And one more thing, how can I upload the binary data via Blueprints on UE4?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There is no detailed ideal size because it depends on your game design. We simply suggest as small as possible. There are 300 KB value limit per single Player Data and 2KB for each Entity Object. There is no limit for Entity Files for single player, but the title shares 50,000 GB limit.

If using Entity file, simply call InitiateFileUploads and an uploadUrl will be returned in the callback and you are able to use a HTTP put call to upload the file.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.