question

mochachili avatar image
mochachili asked

Playfab File Management no longer accepting JSON mime type

Hello,

I've been uploading JSON files to Playfab using the File Management system. This has always worked, until today. Now it complains that the JSON file "does not match our known mime types."

I tried uploading a PNG file and that successfully uploaded. It seems like JSON support was removed, affecting a huge part of our game.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ablegames avatar image Ablegames commented ·

We experiencing the same thing

I try upload json and unity bundle files.

And I get error with "does not match our known mime types."

0 Likes 0 ·
Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Hello,

I have the exact same issue when uploading Asset bundles from Unity to the Game Manager.

Kind regards,

Ramon

0 Likes 0 ·
Aleksey avatar image Aleksey commented ·

Have the same problem. I don`t want to use it via API call. This is really necessary feature for our game designers. What should we do now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Thanks for the report. After researching, we found it is a Game Manager issue. Currently, you can still use the API GetContentUploadUrl to get the upload URI, then use the PUT HTTP request to upload the JSON files. You can check the sample in this section for more information.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ablegames avatar image Ablegames commented ·

Have any plan fix Game Manager display issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rekall Games avatar image Rekall Games commented ·

This issue is back unfortunately. (Unity Assetbundles not being accepted: here the thread)

I succeeded with Postman easily the docs are good, but it's not working with multiple files which is for Assetbundles the case.

It overwrites the folder so it only uploads the last file of the array, any subsequent put request overwrites the previous file you uploaded. See attachments:

Four files added (success 200 response, most Unity assetbundles are 8 or more files due to splitting of prefabs/net engine code/scenes/tutorial or onboarding assets):

Get the content list shows only 1 file: (the last one of the array):

Same issue if uploading the files as Binary. (only last one gets 'saved', so it's just an overwrite of the folder most likely).

Any help is greatly appreciated. We're unable to update our game.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pavlos Dimitriou avatar image
Pavlos Dimitriou answered

Dear Playfab team,

do you have any updates on this issue? This feature is very important for our team as well and API call is not an easy thing to setup. Please help!

10 |1200

Dear Playfab team,

any updates on that issue? We use this feature as well and it's essential. Is there any idea on how to solve this without the use of API ?

10 |1200

please help , this is a very important bug for our team

2 comments
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·
@Ablegames @Ramon Esteve Cuevas @Aleksey @Pavlos Dimitriou

This issue should have been fixed.

-1 Like -1 ·
pablorosales avatar image pablorosales Sarah Zhang commented ·

I'm still having this issue as of 9/9/2021. It seems it has not been fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan rouxel avatar image
Jonathan rouxel answered

@Sarah Zhang hey sarah, this happened to us for a couple of hours yestaerday as well. it was problematic as we could not push our content to cloud.

4 comments
10 |1200

Jordan Roher avatar image Jordan Roher ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jonathan, thanks for this report. I'm able to reproduce the error and am working on a fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordan Roher avatar image Jordan Roher ♦♦ Jordan Roher ♦♦ commented ·

If you try again, JSON file upload should be working.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anthony Demanuele avatar image Anthony Demanuele Jordan Roher ♦♦ commented ·

@Jordan Roher We're having same problem since yesterday. Reported same issue here too: Playfab File Management not accepting Assetbundles - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Belal Badr Mohamed Eid avatar image Belal Badr Mohamed Eid commented ·

I am having same issue again now!
One of the provided files does not match our known mime type

0 Likes 0 ·
umut avatar image
umut answered

Hey @Jordan Roher,

I'm currently having issues uploading a `.hash` file. To double check I've tried to reupload another `.hash` file I've created 3 days prior, but it also failed. My error is the same as the original poster's, aka "does not match our known mime types".

Hope it gets fixed soon as this is a vital functionality to our product,

Thank you

10 |1200

Arseniy Nazarenko avatar image
Arseniy Nazarenko answered

We have a similar problem. Can't load Addressables. Neither the old ones that have already been loaded nor the new ones / One of the provided files does not match our known mime types.image-3.png

image-3.png (65.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.