question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

Legacy Server Game Modes Being Removed

Recently I've been seeing in the Audit History for our title (7FEE) that a user has performed a TitleModifyGameModes that had a RawData Result of "All modes deleted." and left our clients unable to connect back up to the server for some time, even though the server has been live. The account does not seem to be one authorized directly within the title Users, so I'm assuming it's a PlayFab account. But I'm not sure why it's being performed. There were also a few calls to TitleEditBuild, as well.

They made changes on the 20th, 22nd, 23rd, and again on the 26th. Any ideas about what's going on? Once I figured out the problem, I went in and re-added the text name for the game mode, and clients were able to connect up again. But not sure what's up with that.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

The event for changes shows the Editing user ID (a PlayFabId, not found in our players list) and the Editing username (which is just a gmail email address).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, the Editing User Id is a PlayFab Developer User Id that not related to the PlayFabID, so you should not find it in your title’s player list.

And can you confirm that you haven’t granted title administrator rights to this account? You can navigate to the [My Studios and Titles] page, click the gear icon button on the right of your Title name, then choose the [Users and roles] to check if this account is contained in the title administrators or not. If you can confirm this account is not contained in the title administrators but it can modify your legacy server game modes, you can submit this account question on our contact us page.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

Yes, I can confirm they are not granted access. As stated in initial post, I did review the users with access and none of them have that PlayFabId or email associated with their accounts, and we are unfamiliar with the gmail email address (which seems to have the name of a Microsoft employee, hence the assumption it was a PlayFab person making the changes), although I can’t verify it actually belongs to them, of course.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang madmojoman commented ·

Thanks for clarification. You can try submitting this question on our contact us page as an account question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.