question

CommaSoft avatar image
CommaSoft asked

Does Cloud Script Server work 24/7/365?

I'm sorry that I'm not good at foreign languages using a translator.

Do you ever give the server a rest?(turn off the server)

So, how can I be notified when the server turn off?

additional questions)

1. Is there an API to see the state of the PlayFab service in Unity?

2. How many seconds is the PlayFab API and Cloudscript timeout?

3. What should I do after a timeout occurs?(Unity)

4. How to get HTTP status code in string format when using PlayFab API and cloud script?(Unity)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, it is 24/7/365. This is a serverless service, hence there is no “rest” for servers.

1. No, there is no such API. You need to check PlayFab Status or subscribe via email.
  2. Cloud Script has a runtime limit of 10s (for triggered execution, the limit is 1s). If you have any specific requirements, Azure Function with queued function is preferred. Basically, there is no hard-coded timeout value for PlayFab API, but please feel free to send a thread on the forum to let us know you have timeout issue when calling normal PlayFab APIs.
  3. In the common scenario, you will need to retry the API call. Complete tests are necessary during the development and please understand that RESTful APIs expects 98% success rate. It is also possible that local ISP or networking environment causes timeout.
  4. If using Unity, you are able to get error code via PlayFabError.Error. (From error callback result)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

CommaSoft avatar image CommaSoft commented ·

Thank you. It helped a lot.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.