question

ren avatar image
ren asked

Is it possible to generate Instance IDs that are numerically the same but different as a string?

Hey,

Is it possible to generate Instance IDs that are numerically the same but different as strings, such as "00A" and "A"?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The Instance IDs are automatically generated by PlayFab. It is by design and there is no such way to change the way they are generated.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ren avatar image ren commented ·

I'm sorry, that was not a good way to ask the question.

I would like to know if there are InstanceIDs generated by PlayFab that are numerically equal but different as strings.

For example, when I get two items, is it possible that their InstanceIDs will be something like "00A" and "A"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao ren commented ·

PlayFab Instance ID is numeric in the back-end and is displayed as hexadecimal in most interfaces. It is randomly generated in the first place, hence it is very rare that two Instance IDs are equal.

0 Likes 0 ·
ren avatar image ren Gosen Gao commented ·

Thank you for answering.

Just because it is very rare, does that mean it is not guaranteed to be the same number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.