question

Hot Chai avatar image
Hot Chai asked

How to specify the To address in an email template

I want my support team to get an email when a player is reported as abusive.

It seems to me this should be a simple PlayFab configuration option, which it isn't, but I saw that it should at least be possible to manually configure a combination of the SMTP Add-on, an automation rule, and an email template to accomplish this task.

I configured a 3rd party SMTP service and the SMTP add-on and created a rule to handle the player_reported_as_abusive event. Everything was proceeding smoothly until I hit a wall when I could not configure the "To:" address in the email template. It seems it will automatically be sent to a player. I'm not sure if it would be the reporting or reported player, but either way it's not what I want.

It sure would be nice if this scenario was unblocked by allowing the To address to be specified in the email template.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, we don’t support setting the email address of the recipient in the email template configuration. And we also don’t support sending the custom emails to the non-player recipient. If you need the function of sending custom reminder emails to developers. You can try to add a feature request for it.

As a workaround, you can register the player accounts for developers so that they can receive the email that sent from the SMTP server you configured in the PlayFab add-on. Or you can try to implement the feature of sending custom reminder emails to developers on your own. For example, you can consider using Azure PlayFab Webhook and Azure App Service to send the emails according to the player_banned events. You can check the PlabFab documentation -- Webhooks - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and the Azure documentation -- Tutorial: send email with Logic Apps - Azure App Service | Microsoft Docs for more information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.