question

Artur Khusainov avatar image
Artur Khusainov asked

Dynamic standby formula

Hello, here i found formula https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/dynamic-standby#calculating-dynamic-standby-targets

IF (Active Servers > 1X Target Standby) AND ((Actual Standby / Target Standby Floor) < 0.50) THEN Target Standby = 1.5 * Target Standby

1) what does 1X means?

2) I think formula is misleading. Instead of "Target Standby Floor" there should be "1X Target Standby".

Because when:
a) i set Target Standby Floor to 1,
b) my 1X Target Standby was equal 2 becase of sheduled override,
c) i dropped to 1 Actual Standby.

Dynamic standby procced for me.

Was my testing wrong or formula?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

There seems to be some mistakes in the document, but the functional description is basically correct. The Dynamic Standby System is designed to respond to sudden server increase. Once the threshold is triggered, the target standby will be multiplied by the Multiply you set. The Target Standby Floor, Threshold for triggering and Multiply of Target Standby can be modified at will.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.