question

Jaume Ivars Grimalt avatar image
Jaume Ivars Grimalt asked

host dedicated serve

So, i finished a testing game using Unity and Mirror for network management.

I only need to upload the Server headless Build to Playfab and run it, also i don't know how to get the IP of the server to conect to, and don't know how to run the server neither. When i search "How to setup a multiplayer server on PlayFab" there's always tutorials about loging in and using the SDK, etc. I don't want to learn that now, i want to know how to host my game and play it on my client.

I don't know if it is possible or it has to be done via Matchmaking.

I tryed everything, i searched on the documentation and i really don't like what i see, the examples are strage and a lot of them are on unity older versions...

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Your Unity server build needs to be implemented PlayFab GSDK (Game Server SDK, it is a must) and PlayFab Unity SDK (if you need to access core PlayFab service). Please refer to our official Unity Mirror sample -- MpsSamples/UnityMirror at master PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)

After the project is built, you may zip it and upload it via Game Manager. In Multiplayer -> Server Tab, define a new build using the asset you have uploaded. Basically it follows the “Get started” tutorial on Enable PlayFab Multiplayer Server feature - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

When regions have been configured and set at lease 1 stand-by server, you will wait for the state of build turning into “Deployed”, then you are able to request multiplayer server via RequestMultiplayerServer API. Please let me know if you have any trouble when you have done the above steps.

Regarding Matchmaking, developers are able to enable “Enable server allocation” option in the matchmaking queue configuration and when tickets are matched, PlayFab will automatically allocate a server instance to this match. Players are able to get ports and IP address from GetMatch API. You will need to look into the matchmaking document --Matchmaking quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.