question

Wu avatar image
Wu asked

Is there anyway to create in the catalog a new item by script ?

Hi,

I would be able to create a new item in my catalog, but not by hand, as I have many items to create, and they will need to have a specific itemId in correlation with xml datas parsed in my game.
So, it would be quite tiresome to fill the items id by hand.

I didn't find any function for this in the documentation and it seems it is not possible. Did I miss an information ? Or did you locked this option on purpose ?

Thank you very much

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, it is possible. Please refer to the Admin API SetCatalogItems and UpdateCatalogItems

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wu avatar image Wu commented ·

Woow, why didn't I find it before ? xD Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
Wu avatar image Wu commented ·

Another question if possible:
I dont' see differences between SetCatalogItems and UpdateCatalogItems as the api contains the same definitions, is there still a diff?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Wu commented ·

The behavior is different, Set API will overwrite the whole catalog with the contents in the request, while Update is an incremental update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.