question

lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com avatar image
lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com asked

How Can I Get the IOS Device Id from the User Account?

Where can I find the IOS Device Id in the user account? I can't see it in the player linked account page. There is also no API to get it in the code.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, the Device ID for iOS and Android is not currently returned in the player account info - originally, this was because there was some question as to whether this data should be considered PII, but we're re-evaluating that now. If you don't mind, what's the scenario you have in mind which would require being able to retrieve it?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com avatar image
lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com answered

Thank you for the clarification. I wanted to show the" Unlink" button that allow players unlink their device from their Playfab account so they can link another device to it. However, since I can't get the information for the Device Id, I don't know whether the player's Playfab account is already linked to a device. I don't want to show the button if the player don't have device linked to their Playfab account.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we'll get that added to the site. Thanks for the feedback!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.