question

chris-gong avatar image
chris-gong asked

Shutdown Multiplayer Server API requires BuildId in the request body but doesn't verify it?

Hi, I recently stumbled across a possible not-so-big-of-a-deal bug. When making a request to the Shutdown Multiplayer Server API endpoint using a title Entity Token, the request required a BuildId parameter in addition to the required SessionId parameter. However, I noticed that the session pointed to by the session id did not have to belong to the build pointed to by the build id in order for the API call to succeed. Again, not sure if this is even an issue but it seemed quite odd to me, especially since the documentation for the API method didn't even mention a BuildId in the request body. Is it only required for specific types of entity tokens? Thanks in advance.

apismultiplayerdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, currently, PlayFab allocates the server session when you use some Session ID at first time, which meansyou can’t assign the same Session ID to two server sessions. For example, if you call the API RequestMultiplayerServer twice using one session Id and two Build Ids or two preferred Regions, only one server session will be allocated. In short, using the Session ID is sufficient to target the unique server session within your title’s sever instance pool. Technically you can fill in the random GUID string in the Build Id field. It won’t affect the result.

Besides, in fact, this API ShutdownMultiplayerServer doesn’t verify if the Build ID and the Session ID you submitted are valid or not, it only verifies if the Ids are valid GUID string. If you need to verify if the Build ID and the Session ID exist, you will need to implement the verification on your own.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.