question

Michael E Ortiz avatar image
Michael E Ortiz asked

How do I save non-player specific game data, if Title Data is not optimal?

My game has 12 factions/teams. All teams compete daily for wins in various matches. Any player can play on any team during the day, and contribute to that team's wins for the day. I want to reward the top ranking teams with the most wins with a reward, but I need a way to keep track of the wins for each team to determine which team is top ranked at the end of the day. A player that contributed a certain minimum wins for that team's wins will be rewarded something the next day. How do I go about doing this in PlayFab?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael E Ortiz avatar image Michael E Ortiz commented ·

I would have first thought to use Title data, and (assuming my game actually had a decent player base eventually), hundreds of players would constantly update Title Data variables with their wins. But I read Title data is not really something you want to use frequently, and that there is a 15 minutes delay to update. So what is the alternative?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently it is not supported. Multiple writes require a database that supports queued tasks. The workaround is complicated. I am not sure of your game mechanism but when a team win, you can let server side generates a specific PlayStream Events. Then configure a Scheduled task that will run a Kusto query to consult the daily rank, to grant rewards for the team. Azure Function is based on C# and you are able to implement Kusto C# SDK in Azure Function -- Connecting Kusto C# SDK to Insights - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.