question

Andrew Bindon avatar image
Andrew Bindon asked

Can I implement a unity multiplayer game using just Playfab, or do I need to integrate with some like PUN as well?,Can I create a unity multiplayer game using just playfab? (Or do I need to integrate other libraries as well eg. PUN)

multiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andrew Bindon avatar image Andrew Bindon commented ·

Sorry about asking the question twice ... that is a consequence of the way the forum software works on my devices here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Bindon avatar image Andrew Bindon commented ·

Also, now that it has been submitted, I don't seem to be able to edit my question ... nor these comments !

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

Yup, check out our sample with Mirror library here MpsSamples/UnityMirror at master PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

@Andrew Bindon, Besides of PlayFab SDK and GSDK, based on your requirement, you may need to define UDP, TCP or HTTP listener to handle the connection between client and server. As @Dimitris Gkanatsios said, Mirror is a great networking framework. It is a high-level Networking library for Unity with different low-level Transports. It helps you optimize the client's connection to the server. Using an third party network solution will help you reduce plenty of development time.

To be clear, PlayFab provides APIs to developers for updating information to Game Manager. The GSDK connects your game server to the PlayFab server and help monitor the states.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.