question

gamespireorg avatar image
gamespireorg asked

Event action title_statistic_version_changed

Hi all! I have player statistics "rating" and "league".

I created event action with trigger title_statistic_version_changed from dropdown list without conditions. And one action - "increment player statistics" league 100 http://ybex.com/d/s8fnxjbysmnzpj2doon1pum15h6mk8hjkuv786xt.html

Next I resetted manually leaderboard for stat "rating" and... nothing happens. I expected, what statistic "league" become 100.

Can you point, what I'm doing wrong please?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The problem is that your trigger is a Title event, so there's no specific Player associated with it, but you're attempting to update a Player statistic. So the service doesn't have a Player to act on, in that context. We will be providing "bulk actions" in an upcoming update, which would allow you to, for example, set a statistic for all players in a Segment. Though, if everyone is being set to the same score, I'm not clear on how that's different from just resetting the statistic. Can you clarify how your "league" stat is used in your design?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gamespireorg avatar image gamespireorg commented ·

>Though, if everyone is being set to the same score, I'm not clear on how that's different from just resetting the statistic. Can you clarify how your "league" stat is used in your design?

I made this one for tests. Whole idea was to make some separated event actions with conditions and actions like "if rating > X && rating <= Y set league Z"

>So the service doesn't have a Player to act on, in that context.

I see. And now I guess, what this event is called after wipe of stats but before finishing of leaderboard backup. So I can't get access to leaderboard not active, not backuped and make "foreach" by users with cloudscript from this event too. Right?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gamespireorg commented ·

So, what you're looking for is the ability to reward players when you reset the leaderboard, correct? There's another thread on this here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/3719/automatic-rewards-after-leaderboard-reset.html. In short, no, you cannot iterate through all players in Cloud Script, but we will be providing bulk actions you can take on Segments in an upcoming release. We'll be adding more for ways to use the incrementing leaderboards as well, but for now your best bet is to either download the leaderboard via S3 in an Admin tool to reward users, or use multiple stats, so that you can "rotate" the active leaderboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.