question

hampusbankler avatar image
hampusbankler asked

Silent login with Unity

Hi! I'm new to PlayFab, and I'm trying to replace my Parse solution with your service. I'm using Unity and the platform is PC.

I managed to get Register and LoginWithEmailAddress to work. However, I wonder if it's possible to save the player from manually having to log in everytime the game is opened? With Parse, it saved some kind of token on the user's machine and automatically logged in with that. Is it possible to do something similar with PlayFab ?

I guess I could always save the user's email+psw in Unity's PlayerPrefs, but I'd prefer not to.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we recommend using Device ID (or Custom ID) in order to do a zero-friction login at the start of the player experience. We have a blog that talks about this in more detail, here: https://playfab.com/first-impressions-count-best-practices-friction-free-player-authentication/.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.