question

Gushiken Toshihiro avatar image
Gushiken Toshihiro asked

Questions about the reduction in free time remaining on a multiplayer server

Hello.

Please tell us about the features and free time of the multiplayer server.

1)I'm currently experimenting with the multiplayer server feature because I want to implement a card game communication match on a multiplayer server.

The time displayed in "Dasv4 free compute remaining" appears to be reduced even if the server is not active.

Will the free time of the server decrease even if the server is in standby?

Are there any tips to save free time on the server?

2)Since the machine is set to Standard D2s v4 (2 cores) and the standby server is set to 1, I always th

Looking at the table, the number of cores is increasing or decreasing. Is it okay to recognize that as the number of cores increases, the remaining free time on the server also decreases significantly?

Is it okay to recognize that 48 core hours will be consumed if the build server machine is left in the standby state with 2 cores for 24 hours?

3)For example, if you set Servers per machine to 1 on a 2-core machine, I thought that the number of cores used would remain 2 cores when performing 1-to-1 multiplayer, but Concurrent Cores is 4 or 6. May become. If one server is activated on a 2-core machine, will the expected Concurrent Cores remain at 2?

4)Please let me know if there is a sample to start the game on the server assigned by Enable server allocation of the matchmaking function.

I'm sorry for the many questions.

thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. Stand-by servers will consume the free time. The purpose of free quota for titles in development mode is for debugging and you may set 0 Stand-by servers once the testing is done. Long time running is not recommended and unnecessary.
  2. Current free quota is 750 hours with 1 core. And yes, 2 cores running for 24 hours will be metered as 48 core hours.
  3. I don’t fully understand the description, Server per machine defines the number of server instances that can concurrently run in a VM. As you have defined 1, each server instance will need a VM (2-core you have mentioned). While, it is not a common scenario, usually you will need to do a stress testing to know how many Server Instances that a VM can handle, to reduce the cost.
  4. There is a client side matchmaking sample, and you may also refer to Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. In terms of how to connect servers, there are many solutions and Unity Mirror is a popular solution, please check the mirror sample on MpsSamples/UnityMirror at master PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.