question

Saad Anees avatar image
Saad Anees asked

UE4 Crashing After Login with Email

playfab-email-error.pngHello,

I have implemented the Login mechanism with Email as per docs. The login works fine for the first time but after that if I stop and play again and try to log in, it crashes.

Edit: I have added my Login blueprint so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

entitiesunrealAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please clarify did you set the developer secret key for your project? If so, for clarification, our PlayFab Marketplace plugin is designed as that if you set the developer security key in the first API call, then call the client authentication APIs in the second call, the editor will crash. It’s designed to avoid developers using the developer secret key in the client side. For this case, we would suggest you remove the secret key from this project and try again.

If the editor crash is caused by other issues, could you please provide the detailed error messages or the detailed crash report?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Saad Anees avatar image Saad Anees commented ·

Hi Sarah,

That solved the problem but how will I send Account recovery email because it requires Secret key. When I removed the secret key it solved the crash problem but i am unable to send account recovery email api.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Saad Anees commented ·

Calling Server APIs on the client will cause the potential security issues. You can host the Server-side logic on the PlayFab CloudScript, so that you can do the necessary verification to prevent abusing of the Server APIs. Please check the documentation -- Writing custom CloudScript - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more about how to use the CloudScript.

In addition, please note that only Server API, Entity API and Multiplayer API can be called on CloudScript. And Admin API SendAccountRecoveryEmail can't be called. So please use an alternative -- Server API SendCustomAccountRecoveryEmail.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.