question

Artur Khusainov avatar image
Artur Khusainov asked

Price PerServerHour or PerCorehour?

When i try to pack my servers into one VM i got increase of price per server.

So do i understand correctly that I will pay the same if launch
a) 2 server total on 1 VM: Av2(2cores) 2 server per machine
b) 2 server total on 2 VM: Av2(2cores) 1 server per machine

But I thought it will be beneficial to you if people will run multiple servers on one machine. And i would rather pay PerCoreHour or PerVMHour and try to squeeze my servers into RAM limits for example then pay PerServerHour and give my servers tons of RAM on each machine.

Also your documentation
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead#estimating-cost-with-an-example
shows the example where they reduce 300,000 server time to 100,000 VM time by place 3 servers on one VM (i understand that it will only work if they will be active at the same time).

pricing
4zas8.png (4.8 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please use our latest MPS calculator to estimate the cost -- Estimate your monthly charges for MPS (playfab.com)

To be clear, PlayFab is charged based on the VM core numbers with running time, and network costs, while it is not determined by how many server instances you have created during the running time. It is highly recommended to define a large server-per-machine value as long as the VM you choose is able to handle the payload, hence a stress test is very necessary.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.