question

Ryan Buchholz avatar image
Ryan Buchholz asked

UE4 and Playfab Dedicated server

Hello, I recently started using UE4 with playfab, I have so far created a main menu and can authenticate with playfab, I am looking for guidance on where to go next. My goal is to run a dedicated server on playfab and have a client login and when authenticated, connect to the server. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

unrealmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

We now have a plugin in preview which was created by the community gsdk/UnrealPlugin at master PlayFab/gsdk (github.com)

Feel free to try and let us know if this is working for you! @Ryan Buchholz

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab provides a detailed study case, and it may instruct the workflow of implementing a server build. Please refer to -- Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unreal Engine 4 - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. There is also another official sample on Github: https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/blob/master/UnrealThirdPersonMP/README.md.

The basic steps are below.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.