question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

PlayFab File Management missing for legacy account.

The CDN quickstart says:

PlayFab CDN is a legacy feature supported for accounts with at least one title that has previously configured CDN.

I have more than one legacy title configured to use the CDN, however when making a new title the File Management tab is unavailable?

TitleId with FileManagement: C91CE

TitleId without: 8EC5E

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

PlayFab CDN feature has been deprecated. For the new title, if you want a content management solution, we recommend using Azure CDN. If you already had a title used legacy PlayFab CDN and still want to use it in new titles, please submit a support ticket or contact via ContactUs to apply it.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tom avatar image Tom commented ·

To give a better overview of the problem, we have a Title Id that we use for Development and a separate Title Id for our current live Early Access build. I've seen this practice recommended by staff here on these forums.

We are now ready to soft launch, however due to several breaking changes, we aren't interested in migrating a bunch of users from our original Early Access Title. However, we're also not done with the information we are gathering from that Title. So the obvious solution for us was to create a new Title Id and use it for Soft Launch.

Imagine my surprise when I finishing deploying from Development to the new Soft Launch Title Id only to find that a bunch of code we've spent months rigorously testing can no longer be used because the File Management tab is gone.

Additionally, this isn't really in line with how other PlayFab features have been legacied. For instance, I can still deploy our multiplayer server builds with the Legacy tab, even on the new Soft Launch Title ID. I would expect that our developer account could continue to use the existing CDN service due to our historical requirement for it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Tom commented ·

Do you have access to the Support Ticket? If so, you could submit a support ticket and describe your situation and ask the team to config the CDN feature for your title. If you want the CDN feature but don't have access to the support ticket, please let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

We would like the CDN feature, but do not yet have support ticket access as we've not yet launched so are still in the development tier.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Tom commented ·

If you are not able to submit a support ticket, please use Contact us (playfab.com) page to apply for the PlayFab CDN feature.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.