question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Exporting event data to Azure Blob is not working

I get no error message but Data moved by this export is 0.

In addition, no files were added to Azure Blob.

My custom query code:

['events.all']
| where Timestamp > ago(30d)
| where FullName_Name == 'player_executed_cloudscript'
| extend d=parse_json(EventData) 
| extend ExecutionResult = d.CloudScriptExecutionResult.Error
| where isnotempty(ExecutionResult)

The same code displays many events in Data Explorer (advanced) but exporting the events seems not to work because Data moved by this export is 0.

Is something wrong with my export settings? When exactly does PlayFab export the events when I choose Frequency 24 hours? Is it possible to export the events only sometimes and not at a specific date?

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

>> Is something wrong with my export settings?

It looks OK. When is your exporting events to Azure Blob set up? Could you please check your Azure Blob container and see if there is any exported event files?

>>When exactly does PlayFab export the events when I choose Frequency 24 hours?

You can check modified time of the exported event files in your Azure Blob container. It seems the time is not fixed.

>>Is it possible to export the events only sometimes and not at a specific date?

You can manually set the event export as active or inactive, but currently there is no config to set a schedule time to decide when it should export and when it should not.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

It works now. The problem was that there were no new PlayStream events created after I created the Event Export.

I downloaded the json.gz files in Azure Blob but the files are not easy to read because they look like this:

Is it possible to open the downloaded .json files in Data Explorer (advanced) or another application where I can better read the events? In addition, I want to query and sort the events by PlayFabId or occurred error.

There are no files in my Azure Blob container:

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Kim Strasser commented ·

Here is a document I found, about the data ingestion for Azure Data Explorer. Data ingestion is the process used to load data records from one or more sources to import data into a table in Azure Data Explorer. Once ingested, the data becomes available for query. However, it may require database ingestor or higher level permissions to do that. For this type of questions, please contact the Azure team for help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.