question

benjigamedev avatar image
benjigamedev asked

Customdata catalog to item

Hi as far as I understood the catalog has the global custom data which I define in the gamemanager. Is there a best practice how I retrieve the custom data for my item.id? Lets say I buy Item X ... Now I have to loop through the whole catalog to get the custom data for that item id ? and then i can define the iteminstance custom data which are null by default?

thanks

Custom Game ServersCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can define CustomData for items in your Catalog in the Game Manager or via the Admin API calls, yes. And yes, the CustomData in the Catalog is distinct from the CustomData on the individual item instances in player inventory. This is specifically so that you can update the Catalog CustomData for an ItemId, and use that CustomData for all instances. If, however, you want to set the CustomData on the item instances - for instance, if you have durability ratings that wear down over time, you would indeed copy them onto the item instances.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.