question

lestervanarev2 avatar image
lestervanarev2 asked

When a player disconnects from the server does PlayFab automatically take the player off of the match?,When a player disconnects from the server does PlayFab automatically take the player off of the match

When players join my server and there is still space for more players my server submits a backfill request. And when a player leaves the backfill request is canceled and a new one is created. That is because I'm trying to implement a system where a player can leave and then join back into the same server. However when the player that left submits a new matchmaking ticket, the ticket doesn't match with the server's backfill ticket. I'm wondering if this could be because when the server calls GetMatch before the new backfill request the disconnected player is still being returned in the list of members in the GetMatch response. Does PlayFab automatically remove disconnected players from the list of members in a match?

When a player joins my server and then leaves the server then creates a backfill ticket request. However, when the player who just disconnected from the server submits a matchmaking ticket request, the tickets don't match with eachother. Could it be that when a player disconnects from a server and the server calls GetMatch the disconnected player is still included in the list of members that GetMatch responds with?

apisCustom Game ServersmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The matchmaking and the multiplayer server are 2 distinct services. Matchmaking won't automatically remove disconnected players in the match. Usually, the player who gets disconnected doesn't need to create a ticket, they can just find the original server IP and reconnect to that IP.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.