question

Linda Shi avatar image
Linda Shi asked

Unity freezes after upgrading to 2020.3.15f2 due to playfab GC alloc

I'm not sure why and how to fix this. I am currently on Playfab sdk 210802

unnamed.png (23.1 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I know in which step do you have this issue? Does it freeze immediately when start to play in editor? Do you define or initiate any PluginManager.GetPlugin in Update() function?

In addition, does this issue occur in the latest 2.111 SDK? --PlayFab/UnitySDK: Unity C# SDKs for PlayFab (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Linda Shi avatar image Linda Shi Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I wasn't able to debug it much since it freezes the entire unity window and causes it to crash, but based on my implementation i would assume it's happening after some cloudscript calls.

and yes i am using the latest 2.111.210802, the error is still happening.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I cannot reproduce this issue. You need to add more breakpoints in Visual Studio and attach the project to Unity, then you may step-by-step find the place that causes this issue.

Otherwise, you may also share a simplest sample for us to troubleshot, and please remember to hide any private information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.