question

James Rance avatar image
James Rance asked

Unable to get Playfab ID from PSN ID with PS5

Hello,

We are currently trying to get the Playfab ID of users using their PSN ID's using "GetPlayFabIDsFromPSNAccountIDsRequest". The request comes back as a success without any error codes however the PSNAccountPlayFabIdPairs in the returned result only ever contain null for the PlayFabId field.

We have double checked the PSN ID going into the request and have confirmed it is the same value tied to the Playfab account when compared on the Playfab site. We have also checked that the request does show up in the API log, which it does.

Would there be some sort of configuration issue somewhere or other required steps for running this function?

Thanks in advance.

apis
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

We may need more details about this issue. Can this player account log into PlayFab via LoginWithPSN API? After the login, you may call GetUserAccountInfo to see the linked account.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Rance avatar image James Rance Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The player account is able to log in and successfully link to their Playfab account. The issue is when trying to get the Playfab account ID's of other users from the player's PSN friends list using their PSN ID's. The overall goal is to take the player's PSN friends and add them as friends on Playfab. Sorry this wasn't very clear in the initial post.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ James Rance commented ·

Does this friend link their account to PlayFab, and are they both in the same title?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
James Rance avatar image James Rance Seth Du ♦ commented ·

1. Both players are in the same PSN environment.

2. Access to linked accounts is enabled for the accounts.

3. I have tried to use this request to get the PlayfabID for the current user but that also just returns a null. I have attached a text doc that shows the result of the API call: request-result.txt.

Would there be any extra services for the Playstation side or any configuration for the Playfab side that need to be set up to allow this request to work, if so where and what would they be? We have been looking over and haven't found anything obvious we have missed.

Are there any flags that need to be set during Playfab sign in?

Is there a sample for this working on PS5 we can take a look at?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I notice that you input a PlayFab ID into the property Issue ID. According to Account Management - Get PlayFab IDs From PSN Account IDs - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Docs, it should be the PSN issuer environment. Will you try again to see if this issue still occurs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Rance avatar image James Rance commented ·

I tried the request with adding in the PSN issuer ID and seems to now be working, request now returns the linked Playfab ID for the friend account. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Domagoj Šalković avatar image
Domagoj Šalković answered

Can't post my own question for whatever reason, if you can move this to a separate question or answer it here, that would be amazing:

I can't seem to grab the OnlineID for other users when requesting it; it works properly for the current user;

Not sure what else do I need to set up, but I added the Linked Accounts option on the playfab backend for the Client options; Tried grabbing the data with GetPlayerCombinedInfo and GetAccountInfo, but nothing helped; Is the OnlineID seen as PII and you can't grab it from anywhere, just from your own account?

Is there a workaround for this or is it possible to show all the players OnlineIDs when needed? The use case for this is in a leaderboard where we want to toggle between OnlineIDs and player in-game username;

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards, Domagoj

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.