question

HackerTester avatar image
HackerTester asked

Facebook Manual Login Using Playfab For Windows? Please Help

I just wanted the code or some sort of tutorial on manual login with facebook and playfab for windows please provide it playfab its a really important feature that everybody wanted to have to be able to login with facebook with both windows and android or IOS so plz give us a tutorial and BTW dont just say that refer to facebook documentation cause i dont know how to do it so plz plz plz give us a tutorial that somewhat give us idea to what to do or playfab's documentation

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To be clear, using Facebook to log into PlayFab player account will required Facebook SDK integration because PlayFab simply uses Facebook access token to authenticate with Facebook Server, while PlayFab cannot interfere the process of getting this access token. The process is determined by 3rd service and the platform/tool you use for development.

You may see part of Facebook login in Setting up PlayFab authentication using Facebook and Unity - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, which indicates the use of LoginWithFacebook API. This is what you need to do after the client gets a valid Facebook token.

Meanwhile if you have trouble in getting an access token when the target build is Windows, you may refer to Facebook document and consult Facebook community support. Manually Build a Login Flow - Facebook Login.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HackerTester avatar image HackerTester commented ·

@SethDu I am not Satisfied i need the way to Manually build a login flow but i am not able to do stuff and i was thinking that playfab might help in this case but nah u r like just go to facebook we dont care, when i visit the facebook site that u refer it show some weird syntax that is probably not c# so what to do next i dont know maybe i think you can help me that then if cant just straight away give the solution But i think you should just make some good tutorial on these kinda stuff and i know playfab can do that but i dont know wheres the problem is...

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ HackerTester commented ·

As the document on PlayFab has provided step-by-step tutorials, may I ask in which step do you have any issues? I also find a Unity SDK tutorial on Facebook website -- Getting Started - Unity SDK (facebook.com).

0 Likes 0 ·
HackerTester avatar image HackerTester Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu i am having issue with the manual login like how the heck can i do it i dont have any idea and facebook documentation goes over my head

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
HackerTester avatar image HackerTester commented ·

@SethDu Hey also i dont know how to handle those token do you got any reference or example which teaching the basics of it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ HackerTester commented ·

For example, if you refer to Authentication - Login With Facebook - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Docs, there is a required property named AccessToken in the request. It is the token returned from Facebook SDK and used by PlayFab to authenticate with Facebook server.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.