question

alejandrof avatar image
alejandrof asked

Overrides and Experiments: Profile Reads bill usage

Hi everyone!

Our game has set up an experiment with an override in TitleData. How does Playfab internally reads the experiment for each player?

Just calling GetPlayerCombinedInfo with the TitleData returns the correct override. I’m asking this because the Profile: Reads usage has increased considerable in our bill.

Thanks in advance!

Alejandro.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The Experiments do not only increase the profile reads billing, here is a document that describes how Experiments are metered and billed: Billing for PlayFab Experiments. For the profile read meter, this is based on the total number of reads to profile data which are processed by PlayFab. For a list of read APIs, see Profile read APIs. This meter is weighted to 1KB. When you have an active experiment, players doing the login can retrieve some data about the experiment. This extra data could increase the profile read meter. If you have questions on your billing, you could submit a billing-related form via Contact Us page, and the sales team will provide dedicated help.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alejandrof avatar image alejandrof commented ·

Thanks Rick Chen!

I understand the billing on the Experiments meter, the part I don't understand and that I want to get to know better is: the Overrides assignment usage are accrued under the profile read/ writes meters.

We have experiments with overrides in title data, we do not access the variants during the login. So I suspect the extra reads come from the overrides assignment usage. Where can I find information about the costs for that in specific?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ alejandrof commented ·

For this billing question, please ask the sales team via Contact Us page for dedicated help. Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
alejandrof avatar image
alejandrof answered

Thanks Rick Chen!

I understand the billing on the Experiments meter, the part I don't understand and that I want to get to know better is: the Overrides assignment usage are accrued under the profile read/ writes meters.

We have experiments with overrides in title data, we do not access the variants during the login. So I suspect the extra reads come from the overrides assignment usage. Where can I find information about the costs for that in specific?

1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

There is no document about the detail of the experiment overrides assignment usage. We may need some billing detail in order to analyze the cost for you. Please understand that it is not safe to share the billing detail in the forum. So I recommend to contact the sales team via Contact Us page for help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.